Tuesday, March 1, 2011

U.A.E in 3 Days!!


Now that I finally finished my midterms (YAHOO) I can start thinking about my trip to the U.A.E. in 3 days.

I have a few books to begin my immersion and plenty of time on my 14 hour plane ride to read all about it. I googled Middle East just now to try and get the latest news on the UAE and this is what first popped up...



...A link showing all of the protests surrounding the UAE. Huh, not the safest region of the world right now. The protests are definitely spreading like wildfire. All the way from Madison Wisconsin to Oman.
My professor said not to worry too much about safety because the protest are primary in regions suffering economic hardship and employment insecurity and that the UAE was currently sheltered from those threats.
Plus, this wouldn't be the first time traveling to "unsafe" regions. However, always good to be aware I guess of the surrounding unrest and political context.
But mostly....I just can't wait to see the dazzling city!! I am so excited. Camels, Shawarmas stands, 7 star hotels!!


No comments:

Post a Comment