Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Running introduces me to a new kind of shopping

I started a side job last week at a running store called Big Peach Running Co. Its a great place to work because it inspires me to run harder, introduces me to other runners and best of all- teaches me all about the best running gear.

http://www.bigpeachrunningco.com/

Some people love shopping but its never been something I really cared too much about. However, running gear is like a whole new kind of shopping. Trying on a new pair of running shoes every hour, testing the socks, support tops (aka bras) and clothes is not only interesting but honestly makes a huge difference in comfort and performance.


So, I don't get paid for pushing products or receive commissions on sales but I thought it would be fun to highlight some of my favorite new products as over time, I try on the entire store!!

My product highlight today is Aspire Swiftwick Sock. Its AMAZING! They are compression socks that prevent blisters and have moisture wicking. They are made with 200 needle construction (which I guess is like thread count on sheets) and that's the best I have ever seen in socks. They don't bunch up, slip down or create lines like my brother used to say as a kid about the thick seamed cotton socks (aka they are seamless). We sell them for about $13 but I think its a great sock to add to the rotation and use for longer runs.



Well, that's my product highlight for today! And, if you are laughing at the randomness of this blog- I understand but its the little things that help you stick to your running goals. New songs on your ipod, new shoes, a future race, cookies at the end of the run and friends to share the pain and rewards.

Next day I work I will be in the support tops section. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment