Sunday, March 6, 2011

Good morning and good evening. I am totally exhausted but want to finish the day with an entry so that I don't forget the days details. Plus this journal goes toward school credits :)

After 5 hours of what felt more like a nap last night, I finally just decided to get up and go for a run around 6 am Dubai time. I went up to the top floor and ran on the treadmill facing out toward the Arabian Sea. I was feeling a little jet lagged and was shocked to see how fast I was running with so little effort…and then I realized the treadmill was in KPH not MPH! After running we all had breakfast in the hotel. There was everything from hummus to waffles to exotic fruits. We fueled up and then set out for our day sites.







First we toured the sheik's palace and the Prince's palace.









We continued to heritage town where we were able to see how the peoples' homes used to look before oil and before modernization.











We visited the spice markets and gold souks



Took a trip on the old dhow boats to Old Dubai

And we finished the night by walking around the world's largest most glamorous mall. It has an ice rink, aquarium, and a magnificent water fountain that shoots off to music and a light show. We had dinner by the water while watching the show. I probably missed a ton of other things but we are running off now to a meeting so I will fill in the blanks soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment