Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What every travel blog must include...

Toilets!

Every travel blog must include and entry on the toilet situation and probably our pre-trip meetings should consider providing a tutorial on how to properly use a bidet. I was able to manage the toilets in Honduras so I am not sure why I struggled so much with the bidet. The problem was this- its hot outside and we did lots of walking so the idea of rinsing with the kitchen-like hose sounded refreshing. So without processing, I sprayed the hose only to realize the majority of my bottom half was now wet!
I looked around and only saw TP in the stall so I decided I would try to dry off a tad with the TP. Bad idea! I had to reuse the bidet to wipe off all the TP and then I was wet again. After a few minutes of pondering, I reached for the toilet seat covers that are made from slightly more durable paper and used that to dry off.
I know...I know...stupid American moment but really, what do the people use to dry off?? I can’t imagine air drying. Maybe they carry around a hand towel to dry off. Complete mystery to me and not exactly a topic I felt like breaching in public. So- I saved it for you all- what is the proper way to use a bidet?
**Picture courtesy of Lisa Wells!

No comments:

Post a Comment