Wednesday, March 16, 2011

From beach to desert

Today was by far my favorite day. Rene and I decided to take advantage of our free time and go to the beach!! We took a cab to Jeremiah Park Beach because it is a public beach that allows swim suites and has a cheap entrance fee (5 Dirham with a 3.6 exchange rate). Pictures are not allowed so below is a google image of the beach but just trust me when I say it was perfect! We had a view of the Burj al Kalifa and the Burj al Arab, the smell of salt water, and the sound of the prayer call faintly in the background. We read a little, drank Diet Coke and took a cold Arabian Gulf dip.

Arabian Gulf and Burj Al Arab- 7 star hotel



In the afternoon we went on our desert safari trip. We were picked up in a white SUV along with two British women- Margret and Jill. They were a great addition to our girls crew and they sure screamed like teenagers as we all got thrown around during our roller coaster sand dune drive. I hope I am still out seeing the world at 75 years old!



The night included a HUGE buffet, open wine/beer bar, henna painting, belly dancing, shisha and star gazing.





No comments:

Post a Comment