Sunday, July 10, 2011

Mind clutter

Today I took a day off from cardio and just did yoga at LA Fitness. Their yoga classes are usually mediocre but today's class triggered something new for me. During the last few minutes of class as we moved into our relaxation poses, the instructor reminded us to stay present, turn off the mind noise and let go of whatever tension or distractions we were still feeling. She told us to leave the anxiety on the mat but to continue to work throughout the week on de-cluttering our minds.


The phrase "de-cluttering our minds" stuck with me the rest of the class and is still with me tonight.Often I find that I am distracted with thoughts, feelings or situations I have little control over, yet they continue to drain my energy and positivity. I narrowed down my mind clutter to 3 main worries and decided to address them one at a time, one step at a time. Unfortunately, these are not things that can be fixed over night but rather take some healing time.

So, instead of continuing this blog entry, I am going to transition into writing a letter that I may or may not send to someone that has caused lots of pain and sadness for both me and my family. I hope this is a step in the right direction toward de-cluttering my mind. There are just so many wonderful blessings in my life and amazing people that are more deserving of my attention.

Then after my letter I am going to dive into that amazing bowl of cherries I just bought and call someone I love- talk to you in a bit Dan xox.

Oh, and I encourage you to think of your mind clutter over the next few days. Write a letter, call a friend, do yoga or whatever it is that allows you to release stress. Ok...now I am procrastinating!

and a Georgia peach on the side!

No comments:

Post a Comment