Saturday, April 30, 2011

Big Peach 5K

My alarm went off at 4:15 am this morning for the Big Peach 5K. I worked 12 hours yesterday and then squeezed in a bit of homework before falling asleep around midnight. In other words, I am exhausted! However, today was a good day filled with positive energy and running enthusiasm.

I still ate the post running food even though I didn't run!!

Big Peach Running Company (where I work part time) puts on a race in Atlanta every year. This was my first time working a race and it was almost as fun as running. We set up the food piles, shirts and water stations before the sun came up and then cheered on the runners and congratulated them as they celebrated everything from a first race, a winning time, a PR, or just the first step toward a healthier life style. 


The thing about running is that it is not just about physical endurance but also mental toughness. Lately, I have been so busy with my two jobs and school that I haven't been running nearly enough but I feel all of my hard work is just a different form of mental endurance training! And, hopefully in one week I can get back to channeling my energy into running instead of books. Until then, I will just keep soaking up all the good energy around me at Big Peach (and from back home) generated from goal setting and the joy in meeting one's accomplishments(yay Dan and Nate for your hard training!). 


It was early and we were delirious cutting our 1 millionth bagel!


Also, best of luck to all the Minnetonka 1/2 Marathon runners back in Minnesota. I hope you have a great race tomorrow and fun celebrating at the Czerwinski home.

Okay...no more procrastinating and back to work. 

(Kate Burn this was written by your request and hard work today at the race. You embody all the positive running energy and great attitude I mentioned!)




The 5k winner with the white hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment