Monday, April 25, 2011

Peace Corps Fellowship at Kennesaw State

I left my house around 10 am this morning and didn't get home until 10:45 pm tonight. This appears to be a pattern lately and one that is beginning to take a toll on my health. I have a cold and am losing my voice but I know its all going to get a bit easier in a week when finals are over. As for now...my house is a mess, I have NO time to go running and I am so sick of eating peanut butter and peach jam sandwiches!! Finals are not conducive to healthy living.




Luckily, the things that fill my day are all things I really enjoy doing. This morning Kennesaw sponsored an awards and awareness ceremony/event for Peace Corps Fellows (like me). KSU partnered with CARE to discuss the benefits of civic engagement and the power of international experiences. As part of the presentation students also had the opportunity to hear from Chief Operations Officer (COO) of one of the world's leading humanitarian organizations, CARE (Mr. Steve Hollingsworth). I really enjoyed getting together with the other fellows who did Peace Corps in Nicaragua, Suriname, Uzbekistan, Togo, Honduras, Ecuador etc. It was fun sharing stories and below is a link to our video presentation created by Rikki George.








Afterward I rushed to my Fellowship work where we did some work on translating form English to Spanish to Maya for our healthcare toolkit. Then, I met with a classmate, reviewed our presentation and headed to class. During the last hour of class the weather intensified outside causing the lights to go out. So, instead of sending us home a little early, the last presentation group had to present in the dark with flashlights and lap tops.


And that brings me up to the present...I should be getting to bed but sometimes after a rushed day I just need a moment to process it all and my  Daily Intentions Blog is just the spot for that.


Buenas noches!


Check out our PEACE CORPS KSU video by Rikki George on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsE8jqOBrtU


No comments:

Post a Comment