Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cruise for 2

About a year ago one Friday morning I got a random phone call (at work) saying I had won a free cruise that I had signed up for at some point. No one was in the office yet and I was still shivering from the cold so I decided to let the caller continue to paint a picture of me on a cruise ship in the Bahamas. I asked a lot of questions (surprise) and by the end of the conversation, I had some how agreed to put $100 down for port fees and booked a trip for two.


Now, yes I know it sounds like a hoax but at the time, I already knew I would be living down in GA and that I could drive to the port. I also knew that I didn't need any of the upgrades they were going to try and sell me since I made it through the Peace Corps.

After booking I called Dan. I knew he would be suspicious and very skeptical. That's probably an understatement. He laughed, paused and then realized I wasn't joking. Anyway, I told him I would just invite Kate (my best friend) and he could stay home and see us having fun via facebook. Well, Kate is now 7 months pregnant and gets motion sickness when riding a bike!

So a couple of months ago I realized the deal was about to expire and after a little convincing, Dan and I booked the official cruise date and we leave Wednesday for our adventure. I haven't seen Dan in 33 days and honestly, we could be going to Fargo for all I care. I am not expecting honeymoon elegance or a cultural experience. During Peace Corps we used to make fun of the people who hopped off the cruise in Roatan and then probably returned home telling everyone the visited a third world country.

So, in all honesty, my intentions this trip is to just enjoy every moment. Leave behind my text books (well maybe I will sneak one), and the deadlines and enjoy time with Dan and eat lots of good food while soaking up some sun and margaritas! We will see how it goes. To be continued....

oh, and I will be driving from Atlanta to Ft. Lauderdale Wednesday if anyone wants to call my cell and entertain me!!

1 comment:

  1. Yep...Fargo is in North Dakota and I did know that! ha. Every post needs a least one mistake to keep it real.

    ReplyDelete