Sunday, February 1, 2015

Baby g's Shower

This post is long over due! Our baby shower was January 10th and hosted by my aunt Leslie and mom. It was such a fun way to celebrate and so special to have so many people there to support us as our family of two soon becomes three!

The baby shower crew did such a great job decorating, coordinating food and making it a great party and special memory for Dan and myself.


Adorable decorations! 


Incredible hosts! 


It was a couples shower so we didn't do the typical shower activities but rather had a delicious taco bar, happy hour drinks and one icebreaker game. The game was fun and I saved our answers to look at years from now!

1. What is baby g’s due date? (Feb. 17th)
2. What did Krista crave most during pregnancy? (Salt and Vinegar chips, Ravioli, Summit)
3. What has been Dan's favorite part of the pregnancy? (Feeling baby g kick)
4. What color is the nursery? (Grey, black and white)
5. What is Dan most afraid of when caring for a baby? (spit up)
6. What will be one of Krista’s best parenting traits? (Vicki said it is Krista's sense of adventure)
7. What will be one of Dan’s best parenting traits? (Rebecca listed his caring, kind, thoughtful....)
8. What fruit or veggie is the baby this week? (pineapple)
9. One trait you hope baby g gets from Dan (patience according to Krista)
10. One trait you hope baby g gets from Krista (kindness according to Dan)
11. What strange keepsake does Krista want from birth (encapsulate placenta)
12. What hobby will Grandpa Ken teach baby g? (Wood working)
13. What activity will Grandpa Greg teach baby g? (water skiing)
14. What activity is Dan excited to teach baby g? (Hockey)
15. Where will Krista and Dan take baby g for Saturday lunch? (Costco)
16. Was baby g’s first athletic shirt Badgers or Gophers? (Gopher jersey)
17. What did Krista make for baby g? (mobile)

It was so nice to have a mix of friends and family at the shower. My college roommates, Amy and Megan, drove from Wisconsin as did my aunt, uncle and cousin. 

Mom, Cousin Emily, Me, Aunt Amy, Cousin Meghan
I also loved seeing all the other baby bumps at the shower! Only captured two of the many bumps! 

Friend Gretchen pregnant with a baby boy! 

Friend Jen- baby Reece is now 2 weeks old! 
Dan and I are so thankful for all the nice gifts and blessed to have such a supportive circle of friends and family. I admit I am getting nervous for this next phase and start of parenthood but knowing there are a lot of people I can call for non-judgmental, caring and helpful advice is comforting. Today I am almost 38 weeks and can't believe we are going to be parents any day now.

Additionally, Friday afternoon my incredible co-workers also hosted a bowling party/baby shower for me. My Community Education family has been so supportive and I appreciate their excitement and understanding as I waddle around the office! Can't wait to introduce baby g to my colleagues!

MCE baby bowling shower! 


#surreal #readyornot 







No comments:

Post a Comment