Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Bucky the Badger

This last weekend I was able to conveniently coordinate my interview with the Badger-Gopher football game! Saturday morning as I dressed in pride-filled red attire, Dan put on his upside down "W" and dirty red t-shirt. He dropped my friends and me off at the Pohle Blast tailgate and he went on his way to the Gopher tailgate.


It was a perfect sunny day with the badger band playing in the background and the smell of beer and brats filling the air. I definitely had my share of beef, brats and beer and of course- cheese!! And later the Tums!


It was so fun to reminisce about our college days and its hard to believe 6 years have passed since we graduated. My favorite moment of the day was singing along to Varsity because for a second, I felt like I was 19 again swaying in the stadium seats while linking arms with the most amazing group of friends. I have so many memories of hardly waking up in time for the11 am games, rushing down to camp Randall to take a swig of beer before entering the circle of red.


I can't tell you who the best players were or the our biggest wins but I can name all of my favorite cheers and songs- Jump Around, Sweet Caroline, On Wisconsin and whatever the Pee-wee Herman and polka song was...

Yep, I love being a Badger and all of the great friends, experiences and blessings that came along with it! And, if I had to sit next to a Gopher...then I guess Dan would be my number one pick.




No comments:

Post a Comment