Monday, October 17, 2011

Chicken soup to 15K!

What a great fall weekend! It was in the 80's but still filled with fall colors, foods and holiday festivities. A group from Big Peach toured the haunted barn and corn maize this weekend and I was VERY impressed with the fear factor. I felt like I was inside a horror movie!

I also took a nice long run on Sunday along the mountain trails, past the historical Marietta homes and around Marietta Square. I timed it perfectly with the farmer's market and got some granola samples to refuel me. I sure needed it since I basically went from chicken soup to 15K in a few days.

Sunday afternoon as I was doing my homework, I counted up my days left until my final exams and realized I hit the 50 day countdown. I am definitely full of mixed emotions. On the one hand (and probably the dominant hand), I can't wait to be back in Minnesota with Dan, family and friends but on the other hand...Georgia has been a great home to me over the last 1 1/2 years. I guess I just need to soak it all up these next few weeks and cherish all that this amazing state has to offer. Great people, amazing scenery and perfect weather!

I love everything mini



Marietta Square Farmer's Market
Marietta Square

Big Peach vs Corn Maize

Haunted Barn anticipation

More Big Peach fun at the farm

No comments:

Post a Comment