Monday, September 26, 2011

Maya Health Toolkit Video on Diabetes


I just spent 8 hours working on this video. Matching the Q'anjob'al Maya language with photos, adding transitions and captions was NOT as easy as I thought. Then at the end I tried to "save to publish" it and it saved as an un-readable media player version. I could not recover the original and had to redo it! Errrr.

Now I have a published streaming draft that has a few caption edit errors. I went back to correct them but was unable to publish my edited version due to the complicated media, audio and caption files! 

So, I guess I will hand this over to the IT people from here. 

However, here is a sneak peak draft. We will be putting it into 4 Maya languages and have both Diabetes and Prenatal education information.

Our Maya Toolkit team (Dr. Lebaron, Mandy McGrew and I) hope to keep driving our12,000 downloads(in only 4 Months).

Check out our Toolkit on the website and the video below that we will be adding soon. And, yes, it is in a Maya language.

Thanks to Gilberto for his translation and voice, the Maya families and community for modeling for pictures, Jennifer Carter (clinic pictures: http://www.jwanderlust.com/), Chris Smith (outdoor family pictures), Shane Peden (tortillas picture), Sarah Anne Guagliardo (beer picture) and Sara Schaefer (toilet picture) and the rest were taken by me randomly.















3 comments:

  1. Anyone know how to make it bigger and keep the quality???

    ReplyDelete
  2. huh...just foud edit erros in the captons. Well, guess I will be here for a few more hours! This is why I need Mandy (editing queen) here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry this was so difficult! I wonder if the program is different now that we have more than the trial version because I didn't know any more than you and it just did what it did. :( I will be back in on friday and we can work on it more then. Take care!

    ReplyDelete