Thursday, September 8, 2011

Being Alone



As a Peace Corps Volunteer and someone who picked up and moved across the country (where I knew NO one) for grad school...I have learned to appreciate and be comfortable with  alone time. I believe it is an essential step toward inner happiness and healthy relationships.

Check out this poem about being alone and hear her perspective. I have never gone to a movie alone or out dancing but sometimes when I am alone at home- I turn up the music and dance as if I were surrounded by  friends!



2 comments:

  1. I love going to movies alone, you should try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the video poem, it's beautiful. I really enjoy my alone time and sometimes when I'm out with others, I wish I were by myself again (or with just Chris). And I LOVE dancing at home alone, I just did that yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete