Tuesday, October 21, 2014

23 Weeks!

Today marks 23 weeks pregnant! Hard to believe we are going to be parents in a few months. Yikes!

Every day I am thankful for this little baby growing in my belly. I feel blessed and so amazed with the human body. Little baby g is 8 inches long and 1.2 pounds according the averages. However, it feels like he is a lot bigger than a grapefruit.

Overall I feel good and haven't had too many reasons to complain other than just feeling big and uncomfortable. Sleeping is already awkward and I can't believe how many trips I make to the bathroom. It feels like there is constant pressure on my bladder and a pinch in my lower back. I've tried stretching, heat, rest, body pillow etc. but still uncomfortable.

In addition to Tuesdays being the day I like to document the baby bump, it is also the day I try to fit in Yoga after work. I enjoy Lifetime's slow burn vinyasa class because it isn't super hot and most of the poses are manageable for me. However, today I was definitely getting frustrated with my lack of flexibility and inability to do some of the poses. I left feeling not very zen and sorta annoyed that I was frustrated with my own body.

Pregnancy IS beautiful and I want to fully embrace each stage with grace, acceptance and positivity. I have always worked hard to define external beauty in terms of strength, health and fitness. All through college I was surrounded with amazing women that modeled holistic healthy living. Afterall, Rosie the Riveter was hanging in our college house at Madison and I worked for Planned Parenthood where I promoted women's health to my peers.
Good excuse to post a throwback to college

However, today after feeling awkward at yoga and unattractive in my too-small yoga pants...I just didn't want to take a baby bump picture. I know gaining weight is a good thing and that my body is doing exactly what it is supposed to be doing...growing, but I just didn't feel like photographing it. I asked Dan to take a picture of me and the grapefruit and then had a bit of tantrum and deleted it.

Dan looked at me and offered to take this weeks photo with the grapefruit, knowing of course that it would probably end up on social media. He is not a huge fan of selfies and doesn't even like grapefruit so he must love me because he even smiled for the picture.

Dan with the little grapefruit! 
Happy 23 weeks little grapefruit!



No comments:

Post a Comment