Monday, November 12, 2012

Making Christmas a little greener

This weekend we went shopping for new furniture and strolled the isles of Room and Board, Home Furniture and Schneiderman's. HOME was Dan's favorite because they had a cookie cafe but I was most excited about my recycled fabric find. Schneiderman's had a big bin of fabric samples with a sign that said "Free samples great for quilters".

No, I did not attempt to pick up quilting since I do NOT sew but I did grab a stack knowing I would find some random holiday project idea. I think Dan was a tad embarrassed walking out with me and my handful of fabrics but I had no shame!

bd0607_summer1.jpghttp://www.wholeliving.com/133668/read-wrap-recycle-make-bows-magazines?czone=holiday/workshop-christmas/quick-and-easy-ideas&center=307034&gallery=856466&slide=276003

I was planning on using it for wrapping paper but instead decided to make bows. I found a blog on how to make bows and just used the fabric instead of paper. Now I will have a unique way to decorate my grocery bag wrapped gifts. And yes, I do buy real gifts- not recycled re-gifts!



2 comments:

  1. Those are great! We save our bows and tags every year, which is so fun to give a gift with a tag I wrote when I was 7 and still spelled my name in all capital letters and dad had two b's not d's! Merry Christmas bab is a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that idea! How cute. I will remember that.

    I used to mix up my b's and d's too until my mom showed me the "bed" clue. If you spell the word, the bedpost should be on the outside. Moms are clever.

    ReplyDelete