Monday, January 23, 2012

Forget tomorrow, live today

For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin- real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished project, time still to be served, a debt to be paid and degree to achieve, a job to land. Then my life would begin.

Then it dawned on me that these obstacles were life and that I couldn't wait for the perfect moment for everything to just click (adopted from Alfred D. Souza).

We are always transitioning, changing and growing...but we must appreciate and accept where we are at the present moment.

Today I will accept my flaws and honor my strengths. I will tell my support network I love them and thank god for all his blessings. I will try and make the day a bit easier for someone else and put my job sulking aside! Most importantly, I will get out of this house, away from the job search engines and go have fun playing broomball! Yep, its the little things in life that make us smile!!

Oh, and I today I got an interview! Not an offer, not a dream job proposal, just an interview. But I will take it and celebrate it!

I think it was due to Rebecca's sunny flowers she gifted me! It provided the optimism I needed!!


1 comment:

  1. "Forget tomorrow, live today" is basically the mantra I've been repeating for the bast couple of weeks ever since I started taking yoga again. Why did I ever stop??? Live in the now, in the present. :)

    ReplyDelete